Founded in 1999, Bob's Watches is the world's first and only pre-owned Rolex exchange where consumers can buy, sell, and trade vintage and used Rolex watches. As the premier online marketplace for these unique timepieces, throughout the past year Bob’s Watches has been curating its “Fresh Finds” auctions with incredible success. Bob’s Watches is proud to present its most notable vintage watch auction to date, “Fresh Finds – Iconic Watches of Hollywood.”
The idea to make iconic watches available to watch enthusiasts around the world has struck a chord with even the most well-versed watch collectors. With no buyer’s premium, Bob’s Watches auction platform has differentiated itself from even the most notable auction houses in the world.
Bob's Watches will open the auction for this collection will start on Monday, November 16th at 9am/PST and will run for one week, ending on Monday, November 23rd. The “Iconic Watches of Hollywood” auction will offer five (5) of the most sought after “famous” watches of all time.
Rolex “Paul Newman” Daytona ref. 6239: Starting Price – $165,000
- Worn by Paul Newman, the Rolex “Paul Newman” Daytona is one of the single most famous vintage watches in the world. Making a statement by bringing awareness to vintage watches to the general public, this rare timepiece is the top of nearly every collector’s wish list. Its exotic dials, which only one in 20 Rolex Daytona watches were originally produced with these dials, feature a unique Art Deco-style font.
Rolex Submariner ref. 6538 aka Sean Connery aka “James Bond Submariner”: Starting Price – $165,000
- One watch in particular will be sure to get the attention of watch collectors and movie enthusiasts alike, the Rolex Submariner ref. 6538 aka “James Bond Submariner”. With the recent passing of Sean Connery, Bob’s Watches wanted to honor his legacy by bringing the first Rolex 6538 to auction. Appearing on Connery’s wrist during the very first James Bond film (Dr. No, 1962), it is by far one of the most famous movie watches of all time.
Rolex GMT Master (Pussy Galore) ref. 6542; Starting Price – $150,000
- Although Connery wore a Rolex Submariner during the 1964 James Bond film Goldfinger, the Rolex GMT Master also rose to prominence on the wrist of actress Honor Blackman. Better known as “Pussy Galore” in the film, the Rolex GMT-Master ref. 6542 is easily the rarest and sought after GMT watch of all time. Along with being the first GMT-Master watch that Rolex ever created, it also was one of the earliest instances of a woman prominently wearing a man’s watch in a major feature film.
Rolex Submariner (Steve McQueen) ref. 5512: Starting Price – $29,000
- Steve McQueen has put numerous watches on his wrist in his storied film career, but the “King of Cool” chose to wear the classic and iconic stainless steel Rolex Submariner most in his personal life. Appearing in The Towering Inferno (1974) and The Hunter (1980), this watch was also spotted on his wrist in numerous photos of the actor from the era.
OMEGA Seamaster 300 (Daniel Craig) “Spectre” Ltd.: Starting Price – $6,500
- Overtaking Bond’s wrist since 1995, Omega has produced a number of limited-edition models with 007-themed branding and design elements. With the release of the Omega Seamaster 300 “SPECTRE” Limited Edition, draws inspiration from the past with a modern take on the brand’s very first dive watch from 1957; but the watch Daniel Craig wore in the movie had some key changes.